29 April 2011

Bringing things a bit more up to date…

A few weeks ago it was my sister’s fiancé’s birthday. I settled upon the idea of a zombie party for his card. I am not accustomed to drawing humans, let alone living dead ones. But there you go:

For Easter, I set myself a new project. I had bought a silicon chocolate mould with the intention of making fancy chocolates, but after a failed attempt I had to consider ways to utilise it so that the money wouldn’t go to waste. Cake. I baked little heart-shaped cakes in the mould, in various flavours, coated them in chocolate, decorated them and boxed them up for my family. Firstly, we have the chocolates themselves:

Then, there were the boxes. I was distinctly lacking in the appropriate craft materials, but I made the best with what I did have. Each person was given a selection card so they could pick their own. The box was inspired by vintage and retro packaging:

A closer look at the cover:

1 comment: